Explore the Arizona scenery and discover
rock and gem treasures with your fellow
West Valley Rock and Mineral Club Field Trips
Explore GPS locations that WVRMC Members have discovered. We’ve identified some of the best places to hunt for treasure in Arizona. In an effort to preserve the natural surroundings and guide adventures under the direction of local laws, our field trips are exclusively for WVRMC club members. We are always looking for new places to visit in Arizona! Our field trips are a blast! Explore Arizona with like minded friends!
Join the Club
Join the West Valley Rock and Mineral Club and start discovering all the gems and minerals Arizona has to offer.
Fun in the Sun
West Valley Rock and Mineral Club
Enjoy our past adventures and learn something new from the comfort of your house. Get inspired to explore through our stories.
Field Trip Packing List
We want you to have the best time ever on our next field trip. Please refer to this handy check list while loading your vehicle for our next adventure.
Fun for all
While rock hunting is a fun way to spend an afternoon, unforeseen dangers can arise especially in our desert landscape. We want to ensure all West Valley Rock and Mineral field trips are safe and enjoyable for everyone.
With this in mind, we have composed the following field trip participate guidelines for you to keep in mind during all WVRMC outings.
Please Don’t Forget
Plenty of Drinking Water
Sunscreen & A Hat
Close Toed Shoes
First Aid Kit
- Follow all laws, regulations and rules, including no littering.
- Always watch for others above, below and close by when collecting or hammering.
- Closely supervise all children and pets.
- Print and sign any waiver of liability required.
- Pay any required fees to trip leader in cash.
- Be ready and in vehicle at departure time from meeting site.
- Have a vehicle that meets the minimum trip vehicle guidelines.
Personal Safety Guidelines:
- Proper clothing, boots, gloves, hat and safety glasses.
- Plenty of water, sunscreen and a medical kit.
- When caravaning, never lose site of the vehicle in front or behind, give the vehicle in front of you plenty of room.
- Never leave for or arrive at trip site before the trip leader.
- If you leave the field trip site before or if you plan to stay later than the trip leader, always tell the trip leader or others of your plans.